viernes, 15 de febrero de 2008

Take me where the Blog Blogs and all the Blogs are Blogs

Well, it´s been a long time since we´ve last Blogged. In fact, since I´ve even been coordinator of Centro Medico, but just like love, Dengue Fever does crazy things to this world.

I remember it like it was this past weekend... The new coordinator, Rachel Trotta, fell ill in our house in Santa Cruz. Says she´s got a bad fever and the only cure is Mike. Calls me up on the phone, she does, and says, ¨Hey, Mike, I think you´re gonna need to come back to Bolivia. I got it real bad, Mike. Real bad.¨

Luckily, I was already in Bolivia. I took some time off up in Chicago, the Silly City, with my friends and to ¨sort some things out¨ (I am legally forbidden to discuss what took place). I came back to Santa Cruz, Bolivia for the love of a lifetime, but got a lot more.

Now, Rachel is in bed in the big city with Dengue and counting platelets and I´m in Palacios Blogging Blogs. Things aren´t that much different. We still have medcial people and non medical people and patients and not patients. We just recently sent a man to the city to see a cardiologist about his low heart rate (due to that Chagas disease). When he got there, the cardiologist sent him for some more tests and instead the guy said,¨ Ï don´t want more tests, I want to go back to Palacios¨. Which he did. We told him to go back to Santa Cruz so he did. He´s there right now so we´ll see how that goes.

What have I been doing when I´m not helping with the clinic, you ask yourselves in your darkest hours? Well, I´ve got a plan, see. I´m going to write me a book, start me a magazine, make me a CD, and paint me some 12 odd paintings. By the end of next year, I hope to have me a publishing company a love stroner than the bars of a prison train. We´ll see how that goes.

I take myself where the wild wind blows, the women are fine, and where there are Blogs as far as the Blogs can Blog, that´s where I go.

Mike Out!

No hay comentarios: